Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Settled...Sort of...

Yesterday a wise man asked me if I was feeling some burnout.  For those of you who don't know, that's a word that evokes a lot of emotion and plenty of responses from most ministers because at some point most of us go through a season of burnout.  But I think I can honestly say I'm just a little tired.  We moved(and by moved I mean we are moving because the house sure isn't totally put together yet, but progress is being made.)  We're also expecting our baby boy Jackson in August(or earlier if Stacy has her way.)  This time of the school year is always rough because I'm working hard on summer details while also going through the last several weeks of school year programming.  We've been talking about Spiritual Disciplines at Awaken Teen Services and that deep topic has exponentially increased my study time for each message.  On top of that, Kate's nights of full sleep per week have declined steadily, whether because of the new house or new teeth or not feeling good.  Whatever it is, I hope she gets over it soon.  It's rough on me and rougher on Stacy because she insists on getting up because I have to work the next day. 

But we love our new home (and love not essentially flushing rent money down the toilet each month) and I'm excited for Jackson's arrival.  A busy summer including a weeklong CIY Trip(which Kate will spend at Grandma and Bumpa's...we'll see how that goes) and a week of Sr. High Camp(provided Jackson doesn't arrive before or during camp) and he will be here.  I'm still shootin for a Cleveland Browns themed room, but I dunno if it's gonna happen.  Which is unfortunate cause if Kate had been a boy, the room was already decorated that way.  But I also thought Kate wouldn't mind a Browns room so what do i know?  We love our Kate-Kate but I think God knew we needed one of each. 

We feel so blessed to be here in Virginia.  Life is busy, but life is good. 

2 comments:

Jim Clark said...

This too... will pass... eventually. It sounds like a busy season and hopefully will slow down for you soon.

Good to see you blogging again! Hope you keep it up!

Stacy Bishop said...

Glad you're blogging again:) I KNOW you're tired! It's been a couple busy months in a row. You've done 85% of the moving stuff by yourself, which doesn't help! Thanks for taking care of us and for caring so much about your ministry. I love you!